Monday, October 13, 2008

We're going to pump....You up!

Oh how this blog is going to change.....

It was bound to happen sooner or later. Tripp is fascinated when mommy pumps and usually tells me when I have to pump each day. This morning, however, was a little different. Tripp came to me naked (....of course) and informed me that 'his boobies hurt and he needed to pump'. With that, he picked up both pumps (yes, I am a Jersey cow these days) and tried to figure them out. Pretty comical if you ask me and it is times like these that I'm glad I have my little camera close by. We then had an interesting discussion, that only a mom and 2 1/2 yr old could have, explaining why only mommy's pump. I don't think it really sunk in and I can only imagine what is/was going through his head.

Today has been a tough day in a couple of ways. My mom left for Wyoming after being here to help us since Oct. 1st. It makes me sad because I don't get to see my mom that often and I cherish the times I do have with her. I feel I missed out on some of that while in the hospital but she had me at complete ease by taking care of Tripp and the every day things that need to happen. Also, today Wes had to leave town for work and returns tomorrow night. I've been a little nervous not having him here and being with my 2 babies alone overnight for the first time but we seemed to have handled things just fine.

Tate update:

Tate is 11 days old already and has changed so much. When she's awake (which isn't often), she is very alert and loves to look around. When on the couch, she seems fixated on my 'Women and Wine' painting on the wall so I think the child has some pretty good taste when it comes to art. :) She's filling out quite a bit, although she still has her little chicken legs. I love them! She's been on a 3 hour schedule throughout the day and night (except for last night when she decided to be up from 10pm - 4am either talking or fussing. This equals TIRED mommy.) and eating is going much better for her now. Tripp loves her and I look forward to watching their relationship grow as brother and sister. I also gave her a bath this evening solo. We survived but I did notice that I'm not as graceful at bath giving as my mom. Oh well - I have a ton of opportunities in front of me to perfect it. I'm loving the clean baby smell!

2 comments:

Jackson said...

Giggle, giggle! I love that he claimed his boobies hurt so he could rationalize using the pumps!

emmylou + miller said...

that's a fantastic photo that might come in really handy during those difficult teen years!