Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Feeding the Chipmunks

Even though it's not snowing, we can still take the ski lift up 11,000 on Mt. Crested Butte to enjoy the views and a little hiking. You can even hike to the Summit, over 12,000 feet, but that might be a little ambitious with a 4 year old and an almost 2 year old. Yesterday, my camp team and I went up the mountain and fed the chipmunks so I thought mommy, daddy and Tatie would enjoy it as well. After our 15 minute, beautiful ride up the mountain, I lead our group on what I call a short hike (they would disagree - especially because they were in flip flops) to where the chipmunks were. We took lots of fun snacks for them and had a great time meeting new chipmunk friends and sharing our snacks.

Oh, I also informed mommy and daddy that the little chipmunks were Mexican chipmunks and the bigger chipmunks were Colorado chipmunks.

View of Crested Butte from the ski lift

Leading the way

Looking for the chipmunks

Tate eating the chipmunk snacks

Fearless chipmunks

Fearless Tate feeding the fearless chipmunks

No comments: