Sunday, August 29, 2010

Denver Aquarium

Goodbye, Crested Butte! It's been a fabulous 10 days but now we have to head back to Austin. We're flying out of Denver, which is a 4 hour drive, and our flight isn't until late tonight so mommy and daddy surprised us with a quick trip to the Denver Aquarium. I've been to the Atlanta Aquarium before but I think I may have been too young to really remember much. This time, I was fascinated by the fish and exhibits - my favorites were the sharks and sting rays! In fact, I even got to touch some of the animals. I touched a baby python and with 2 fingers I got to touch a sting ray. My baby was just as excited as I was and to make things even better, because daddy went into the exhibit backwards and started at the end, we got to go through it twice!

Tate loved this mama monkey. She moved, 'talked' and was very realistic.
Help! We've been eaten by a shark!
See my baby in the dive suit below?
This was the coolest thing ever. This is a baby embryo shark in a real sack. The exhibit showed the shark's developmental stages but this was a real baby shark moving and growing right in front of our eyes. Absolutely amazing.

1 comment:

Shannan Riemer said...

One of my favorite trips that Chris and I took was a trip to Atlanta, I loved that city! I bet it is even better with kids!