Saturday, July 18, 2009

First Rodeo

The rodeo was in College Station and because I was such a good cowboy on the farm, we got to go. It was the first rodeo for not only me, but my baby too! We had great seats right above the bull pens and I was fascinated with the cowboys getting ready to ride. Among other things, we saw bronc riding, calf roping and bull riding and 2 of the bull ridin' cowboys got hurt and had to go into an ambulance and to the hospital. Mommy told me the big ole bully stepped on the cowboy and I've gotta say, it sure looked like it hurt. I hope they're ok!

Ready for the best part? I participated in my very first calf scramble! Mommy is really upset because we didn't get any pictures of it and you know how mommy is about her pictures. But in my defense- we were heading to get me Skittles that I just had to have right then and it was a last minute announcement. Mommy asked if I wanted to do and of course being the cowboy that I am, I said yes. Right then and there, she lifted me up and put me over the side of the rodeo fence and off I went. To be honest, I wasn't sure what I was supposed to do so I played in the dirt and when I saw the other kids start running, I started running too. Mommy asked if I had fun chasing the baby calf and I said 'what calf'? Obviously it made quite an impression when I didn't even know I was chasing something. I know for next year though!

In the petting zoo

My baby loved her first rodeo!

Check out my cool boots. I love these boots and got them the last time I was in Wyoming.


See the calf licking my baby? She wasn't sure what to think of all of the animals at the petting zoo.

No comments: