Friday, December 19, 2008

Tripp is 34 months old

Little guy - You wear me out. BUT I wouldn't have it any other way!

I'm so behind in all of your letters and I do apologize and hope one day you'll understand just how crazy the past few months have been. You've been handling things like a champ and have changed so much in such a short time. Your vocabulary is amazing and you are constantly impressing me with your knowledge of things I wouldn't think an almost 3 year old would know. The other day you were explaining to me about shadows. Anytime I ask you how you know something, you tell me it's because you're smart. I may be biased but yes, I believe you're smart...if not brilliant. You are such a sweet, sweet boy and are so kind and gentle in many ways. You adore your sister and are constantly petting her, kissing her, talking to her or singing to her. When she chews on her hands you tell her 'there's nothing in those fingers, Tatie' or sometimes you'll ask her 'do you love me, Tatie?'. The one thing you always say to her is 'I love you, Tatie Tate. You're my best friend' and it just melts me. I hope you and your sister will have a close relationship and always be best friends.

You've done very well with your manners and always say 'May I' when asking for something. You're doing great with please, thank you as well as yes m'am and no m'am. You like to push boundaries and I'm not sure if it's because you want additional attention or if you just want to see how far you can go but you're getting to know the time out chair really well lately. But, you always say 'sorry mom' and give me big hugs and kisses when 'released' from time out. Others often comment how well behaved you are and little guy, I have to tell you, your daddy and I are so incredibly proud of you.

As far as vocabulary changes, this makes me sad. You still always talk about your friends but now you pronounce their names the way they're supposed to be pronounced. You could never say 'Sofia' and always called her 'Feva'. The other day, you corrected me when I said 'Feva' and told me that her name was 'Sofia'. Clear as day. Since then, you won't say 'Feva' anymore. Same goes with 'Bob Bidder'. It's now 'Bob the Builder' and you're quick to correct us if we say 'Bob Bidder'. You're growing up and you're not my little baby anymore. It makes me sad but at the same time, I'm having so much fun with you while you grow and mature. You LOVE to sing and dance and master the songs to words pretty well. This month you've been hooked on singing 'Rudolph', 'Frosty the Snowman' and the Texas Aggie war hymn and spirit song. You actually have the words down and I finally got it on video. You have the sweetest little voice. Of course, you still throw in 'The Pirates who don't do anything' song from time to time.

When we moved, the tv was broken and we haven't yet replaced it. This took some time for you to get used to because you love Elmo, Backyardigans and Sesame Street, to name a few. However, it's been a blessing in disguise and we all play outdoors more, read more, play games and do more activities as a family. Mommy and daddy LOVE spending time with you! One of your favorite games is charades lately and I have to credit you 'Just Imagine' classes for your imagination. You're now really into trucks, helicopters and jets and love crashing into things with the tonka trucks. You love being outside and love helping daddy with outside chores such as bringing in firewood and cleaning the truck. You're also still as social as always and will stand on the front lawn waving to every walker, car, bike or animal that goes by and yelling 'hi'. We like to call you the mayor.

The time seems to be going by so quickly and I'm trying to embrace each moment before it slips away. You are our precious angel and we are so incredibly blessed to have you. I can't believe that in less than 2 months you'll be 3 years old. No matter how old you are, you'll always be my baby.

I love you so incredibly much!
Mommy

No comments: