Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Wal-Mart, the alligator and the M&M's.........

On our way home from La Grange today, we stopped by the Wal-Mart (not lots of options in La Grange, TX - 1 hour or so from Austin) to look for a lunchbox since Tripp starts pre-school tomorrow. I ordered the cutest little embroidered pirate lunchbox weeks ago and was told yesterday it's still on back order. Since I can't send my little guy to his first day of pre-school with a boring brown paper sack, I had to find a substitute until I find another lunchbox for him. Target in Austin didn't have much and since we were there, I thought I'd look at Wal-mart. Tripp was in the cart and conveniently enough, Wal-mart chose to put the lunchboxes on the same aisle as the candy. Tripp wanted M&M's and I told him 'no' and we would get a treat sometime after dinner. He said ok and I didn't hear another word about it.

Fast forward 1 1/2 hours later when we get home. As I unloaded the Wal-mart sack, I was cutting off the lunchbox tags and opened the lunchbag to take out what I thought was a cold pack. Low and behold, there was a large bag of peanut M&M's in the lunchbag. TRIPP RILEY!!!

I tried to have a stern 'we don't take things that don't belong to us and we have to pay for things at the store' conversation with him but he would just look at me and return the 'evil eye'. I couldn't stop laughing and therefore don't think my conversation was effective.

Mandy - I will be calling you to go to the Wal-Mart and pay for a bag of M&M's!

Your Honor, I present Exhibit A:

Your Honor, I present Exhibit B:

3 comments:

team shafer said...

Oh the monster lunch box!... here's a picture that seems to speak more volumes as to the evil that is so closely beside the good in us all. Our prayers go out to Tripp and his developing sense of right & wrong :) We love Team Riley and know that God will give you the strength to "stand firm."

emmylou + miller said...

tripp, will you share those m&m's with me? i'll steal them next time.
love,
emmylou

team shafer said...

Thankful you guys understand Marc's humor!:) i.e. Marc's post to the M&M's!! the sane one's in the Shafer fam...kelly & Isaac:)