Thursday, September 18, 2008

The Enforcers

Tripp started 'Just Imagine' today which is an afterschool enrichment program where the children get to dress up and act out stories, characters, etc. Today Tripp was a bumblebee.

While waiting for my 'bumblebee' to finish up, I talked with his teacher about school and how he's adjusting. She said he's doing great and that 'Tripp and Emmylou are the enforcers of the classroom'. I asked what she meant by this and she explained that Frick and Frack like to tell all of the other children what to do and what they're doing wrong, even though they're doing whatever it is wrong too. In fact, after sharing this with Ellie's mom while waiting, she told me that Ellie came home last week and said that she wanted to play with a puzzle at school but Tripp told her 'no' and that she had to go sit down. Glad to know Frick and Frack have the class under control.

With that, I think I'll just continue to eat my stolen m&m's and let them all work it out.

1 comment:

emmylou + miller said...

why am i not surprised to hear this?!