Saturday, September 27, 2008

Learning to Give

Mommy has been teaching me about others who don't have much or aren't as fortunate as we are (fortunate is mommy's word. Come on folks - I'm only 2 1/2!). She told me all about Hurricane Ike and how so many families lost their homes, food, clothes and even their toys! We decided to go to Costco (we love Costco - especially the free samples) and put lots of things in our cart to take to the church. I hope it helps and makes some people feel a little better.

My school is also having a school supply drive because mommy says a lot of kids don't have pencils or backpacks or fun alligator lunch bags. That makes me sad. We went to Target and got lots of things for other kids. Here are some pictures of our shopping adventure.

It makes me feel so good to help others!


3 comments:

Jackson said...

Wow, he looks so grown-up here! What a great lesson to teach him.

KaseyK said...

Is that Willie Nelson on his T-shirt? LOL that is cute!

Kari Kenner said...

i love the shirt!