Saturday, September 4, 2010

Cubs vs Mets

As a special surprise, Mr. Carey had tickets for us to all go to the Cubs vs. Mets game at Wrigley Field. What a treat! I've been to one other MLB baseball game but it was when I was 18 months old and we were living in Atlanta. We watched our Atlanta Braves play but I was more interested in the cup with the ice. We left the girls at home with Miss Bella and loaded up for an adventure. The stadium was awesome and we had fantastic seats. I think my favorite part was the soft pretzel and hot dog. After the game, I got my very own Cubs jersey and Cubs baseball cap - and the best part? The Cubs won! Go, Cubs, Go - and thank you Mr. Carey for a fun afternoon.

Now for the rest of the story. The Cubs game started at 3pm so we decided to 'get there a little early' in order to get our lunch, souveniers, etc. As we're driving up to Wrigley Field, we see a bunch of people walking the opposite direction. Miss Tristan asked what that was about and Mr. Carey said, 'those are the people who don't have tickets'. Ok. So, we find a parking spot, get our tickets and walk up to the entrance....only to find out the game time was changed to NOON! We quickly found out seats and realized we were in the bottom of the 8th inning with the Cubs up by 2. The daddies ran to get hotdogs - before it closed - and by the time they got back to our seats, the game was over. Mommy, Miss Tristan and I literally watched 3 outs and that was it. While people were filing out of the stadium, we all sat and enjoyed our lunch. If you asked me what I thought about the game, I would tell you it was awesome! Maybe 1/2 an inning was perfect for my attention span. Regardless, we had a great time and a special thanks to the Boethels. :)

No comments: