Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Tripp is 3 1/2

Little guy -
I'm a few days late but , sweet love, but don't think you turning 3 1/2 went un-noticed. In my mind, you're my sweet little baby boy but as you stand in front of me and I really look at you, I realize you're growing up...and quickly.

You are so much fun and I love the conversations we have. You're really starting to reason and figure out the 'whys' on many things. On the other hand, you come up with some really creative explanations for other things. Example: when we couldn't find your crocs, you told me that you put them in a cozy place so that they could take a nap. Good to know. I love your fierce determination and your enthusiasm about life! You are very active and very happy. You love movies, your sandbox, your baby, dinosaurs, trucks, trains and all things boy. You have a vivid imagination and an amazing memory. Sometimes it scares me how good your memory is and you'll often mention something out of the blue from a year ago. You LOVE to sing and dance and you actually have a pretty good ear for music. Your dancing looks a bit like Elvis Presley and you tend to shake one leg and dance around. It's awesome!

Specific favorites lately include: mac and cheese, Max & Ruby, The Little Mermaid, your blue bear, green pillow and marshmallows. You LOVE babies and want to 'pet' all babies we see. You also still love warm milk in the morning and after nap and of course, your icky thumb.

Living with a 3 year old is definitely more challenging than living with a 2 year old. You have your moments of back talk and disobedience but I think you're still testing the boundaries and seeing what you can get away with. I can't blame you but I do have to say time out is still used pretty often. More recently, we've made 'chores' into a game of who can do it first. You're pretty motivated by being first - even if trying to get you to go potty. Whatever it takes, right?

You're still my cuddle bug and I pray that you always will be. You're very affectionate and you tell us you love us all of the time. More than anything, I love your heart and your gently spirit. You are truly a kind and gentle soul and I think you'll show others a lot of compassion as you grow. I pray that your tender heart is protected as well and that you never know heartbreak and your spirit is never broken. Wishful thinking, maybe, but that is my prayer. We love you more than you know and are thankful we're on this amazing journey with you.

We love you, love bug!
Mommy

(Do you like my picture? Miss Kim came over the other day and took a few pictures of my baby and me. Did you know she's a photographer? Yep! Her blog is linked to ours and she takes some really great pictures. Think of her next time you want cute kiddo pics, family pics or whatever else you might think of. She made it fun for us! http://www.kimberlysarantakes.com/)

No comments: