Sunday, August 2, 2009

10 months

Dearest pet rabbit -
Yes, for some reason your brother has decided your name is now pet rabbit and corrects me otherwise. Where he got pet rabbit, I have no idea but he loves to pet your hair, suck his thumb and call you pet rabbit. He also loves to tell everybody he calls you pet rabbit. What must the neighbors think? Who cares? It's pretty sweet and it's your brother's special name for his favorite little sister. I don't think the 2 of you could be any cuter together.

You are feisty at the ripe ole age of 10 months. You are more vocal when you don't get your way and you definitely have a budding temper - from your daddy's side, of course. You're standing with no problem and walking around everything. You're starting to be a little braver and will let go all together, but only for a brief second because your confidence isn't built up yet in your standing abilities. Speaking of confidence, I'm confident you'll be walking by the next 'monthly post' and I'm going to be in big trouble trying to keep up with you. You have the same love of music as your brother and start clapping to any tune. Patty-cake is a favorite as well and we're working on 'How big is Tatie', but you haven't quite caught on yet. Maybe next month.

You love food. Baby food isn't cutting it anymore and you'll quickly turn your head or swat away any spoon that has anything on it that resembles baby food. You also are a piglet and pretty much out-eat your brother at any seating. You love waffles, pancakes, french toast, grilled cheese, peaches, graham crackers and kolaches (from the donut store each Thursday morning after your brother's swimming lessons). You love 'Yo Baby' yogurt as well and have a melt down when your plate is empty or mommy starts cleaning up and you realize eating time is over. You still only have the one tooth on the bottom but it looks like the other one is trying to come through in addition to your top 2 teeth. You also thinking biting is fun so you're about to be cut off sooner rather than later, if you know what I mean.

Above all, I love how excited you get when you see mommy. You definitely love your daddy and brother, but you're a mama's girl and I know that won't last forever. I love how you cuddle up to me and love pat me when I get you out of your crib. I love the squeals and babbling. I love chewing on your little chubby legs and I will never get sick of kissing you all over. I'm sure glad God is in charge of my life and decided I needed you. If I were in charge, I would be missing out on so much with you because I would have had another boy and I can't imagine that regardless of how hard I try.

I love you more and more each day.
Love, Mommy

No comments: