Saturday, May 23, 2009

THE Sandbox

Does anybody know how much sand it takes to fill a 12x12 sandbox? My daddy does! He had to order not 1, not 2, not 3 but 4.5 TONS of sand. Yes, you read that correctly. Hard to believe but I witnessed it with my own eyes. In fact, the big dump truck actually brough 5.8 TONS of sand and dumped it in the middle of the driveway. Mommy was thrilled. Daddy spent all day shoveling the sand and transporting it over to my sandbox. Daddy must really love me because it took 11 hours! The last 2 hours it rained and made the sand even heavier than it already was after such a long day. Daddy, thank you for my special sandbox. This is a memory I will cherish forever.
It sure doesn't LOOK like a lot of sand.
King of the Sand Pile
Helping daddy
Cooling off in the rain after a hard day's work

No comments: