Sunday, May 17, 2009

My mommy is a seaweed

....or back in the womb, whichever you prefer. Mommy and daddy's anniversary was on Easter this year so they decided to celebrate with a mini getaway this past weekend and went to 'The Crossings'. My baby and I were so excited because it was our first overnight stay away from them and we got to stay with Aunt Cindy and Uncle Chris Saturday night. Although they missed us, I think they enjoyed their time away but the place was not what they expected. I bet they thought they were going to get some rest and relaxation away from us kiddos but that really didn't happen because the smoke alarm kept going off in their room every 2 hours. See mommy, we're not THAT noisy! On Sunday morning, they went to the spa where daddy had a deep tissue massage and mommy tried the Watsu massage. The Watsu is "a unique aquatic massage treatment using gentle acupressure, stretching, and flowing movements to nurture mind, body, and spirit while you float in a warm pool of water." Hmmm....ok. When mommy got to the pool, her 'therapist' told her that she would become seaweed. I'm not sure that's what mommy was looking for but she went ahead and put the floats on her legs. The entire experience was definitely different if not a little awkward and afterwards, the therapist said that most of her clients feel like they were back in the womb and asked mommy, 'did you enjoy that same experience? Did you, too, find yourself back in the womb'? Next time I think she'll stick with what she knows - a facial.

1 comment:

KaseyK said...

LOL! That is hilarious. I had a very similar experience that I will not share on your blog. But, I do now stick to your typical massage or facial :)