Saturday, May 1, 2010

First Camping Trip

Our church had a father/son camping trip this weekend and Daddy and I went together. I've never been camping andwas so excited to go exploring and sleep in a tent. We packed lots of special camping gear and although daddy said we were going to 'live off the land' over the weekend, mommy packed extra special snacks because she thought we'd starve otherwise. The camp was called Wilderness Ridge and we left Friday afternoon and returned late Sunday. They had zip lines, rock walls, art projects, archery, fishing and no camp is complete without s'mores. Mommy and Tate didn't know what to do without us around but since they're girls, they couldn't go with us. Maybe next time! It was a very special weekend just for me and my daddy.
I made a walking stick with an engraved leather handle with my name on it
My first target practice
I may be a natural.
Fishing was one of my favorite activies
Daddy took me on a canoe ride

1 comment:

lnilles said...

WOW! That looks like fun. David wants to do that with Luke, but I suggested camping in the backyard first :) Love your updates.