Thursday, February 18, 2010

Superstar week

Since I'm the superstar this week, I got to bring in something special to share with my friends. I couldn't decide on just one thing so mommy let me bring 2 special things - blue bear (of course) and my Papa's navy wings. After the superstar song, I got up and showed everyone my Papa's wings and told them that he used to fly airplanes in the navy. I was so proud. I then showed blue bear to everyone and even let them pet him!

After my 'presentation', I wanted to sing a special song for my friends and my teachers said ok. Mommy didn't know what I had planned but was so proud when I stood up and started singing the 'Aggie War Hymn' from beginning to end - including the 'saw varsity's horns off' part. I think it was pretty brave considering I was surrounded by longhorns. In fact, my teacher sent my mommy and email and this is what it said:

"Priceless!!!!! Andrew Mason, who is our died hard Longhorn - he draws pictures of Memorial Stadium almost daily and writes Texas Longhorns on it.... Well today he made 2 pictures of memorial stadium - he wrote these words down the page...:

Texas Longhorns
Texas A and M
Texas Football
Texas A and M at home 2000 10 !

I guess he's trying to psych himself out after Tripp "sawed off his horns today!" I asked him what he thought about Tripp's song and he says.... "I thought he sang it good, but I didn't like what they did to the horns" I LOVE My Job!!!!!!!"

No comments: