Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Dear Lexi Jane


Lexi, Lexi -
We are so in love and thrilled you've made your way into our family.  You really are a sweet baby girl and you seem to be pretty easy going.  Of course, you're only a week old and probably have us completely fooled but we appreciate the personality thus far.  You're on a pretty standard 3 hour rotation but at night you like to be up more often than mommy would like.  During the day, you tend to sleep solid for 4 or 5 hours and I'm amazed that you sleep through all of the chaos and love from your older siblings.  Tripp, Tate and Levi adore you and we call you "Levi's baby".  We were really concerned about how he would react and what he would do, BUT he is so incredibly sweet with you and loves to pat your head and give you kisses.  He'll probably try to smother you but I promise, he means well.  Tate pretty much thinks you're hers. She loves to baby you and rock you.  She also loves to sing to you and I think you enjoy it as well.  Tripp is the all protective big brother and wants to hold you and feed you all of the time.  I wasn't sure how he would be considering he's now been through this 3 times but he has such a sweet and sensitive spirit and loves his new baby sister.  You really are very fortunate to have all 3 of them as your siblings - and I know they'll be there for you every step of the way. 

Sweet baby girl, I didn't know it was possible to love another human so much and completely.  I have 4 incredible children and God has definitely blessed us with each one of you.  I look forward to being your mommy and helping you grow and navigate life.

All my love today and always,
Mommy

No comments: