Friday, July 16, 2010

Mommy's Weekend

Mommy had the opportunity to go away to Port Aransas this weekend with 2 other mommies and she jumped at the chance - almost too quickly, in my opinion. Daddy, of course, called in for back up and decided to take us to College Station for the weekend. College Station is one of my favorite places to go and I was excited to see Mama, the moo cows, my tractor and above all else, the farm.

Things went rather well - until it was time to head back. Mommy got a call that Tatie had 'probably' eaten something called 'Algae Destroyer' because there were 10 of the 18 tablets missing and they already had fished (no pun intended) one of them out of her mouth. The problem? Well, it's harmful to humans. Mommy called poison control and fortunately, Tatie didn't eat all of them because they tasted bad. Whew! Mommy was so relieved when we got home that she didn't even notice my new 'gift' from Grandpa Smoky. Not until the next morning, anyway. When mommy got up, I showed her my new, very real, bow and arrow set. It was complete with arm guard, more sharp arrows and a target you see on most hunting shows.

Mommy was less than amused and thinks Grandpa Smoky must have forgotten that I'm only 4. I don't think mommy is going to be going on any mommy only trips for awhile. Not until we're at least 18.


1 comment:

lnilles said...

All I can say is HOLY CRAP...about both situations. I would have lost it! You must have better coping skills than I ;) Hope you had a fun time on your girls trip though. Your kids are growing up so fast (not fast enough to get a real bow and arrow though)!