Monday, November 2, 2009

Tate is 13 months old

Dearest Tate -

Are you still considered a baby now that you're officially OVER 12 months or do I have to consider you a toddler? You definitely have the personality of a toddler but I can't really wrap my mind around the fact that you're getting so big so fast. I think I'll keep referring to you as my baby. It's been fun watching the changes in you and the milestones you reach almost daily. You're a feisty little thing and definitely hold your own with your brother but at the same time, you can be so sweet and cuddly when you want to and you think he's the coolest thing ever. You still aren't walking 100% but you can do it when you're not thinking about it. You stand for long periods of time and after a few steps across the room, you go the easy route and crawl where you want to go. You are obsessed with the stairs and it drives me crazy. You think of it as a game and when you see me coming, you giggle and crawl up the stairs as fast as you can. We're working on coming down the stairs and when you have that conquered, I think I'll feel a little better about it. Your brother likes to entice you up the stairs which really doesn't help my cause. You just always want to be where he is. I also think the 2 of you are going to enjoy getting into mischief together. Just this week, your brother decided to put you on a tricycle in the driveway and push you down the little hill. The problem? You're not real steady on the tricycle and face-planted right on your face - complete with nose scab and bruised forehead. You're tough though and one day, I think you'll give your brother a run for his money. Your favorite toys are your ball popper and your brother's leap frog train. You drag that thing all over the house! Your new favorite person is Miss Connie. She keeps you a couple times a week and you get so excited when you see her and you cry when you have to leave her. I'm not going to get a complex but geez - it seems like you're all tears when you're with me and all smiles with her. She does have the tendency to spoil the little ones though, so I can't blame you!

You're still a great eater except for eggs. Now that you can have them, you'll have nothing to do with them. You don't even want them anywhere near your highchair tray. "I will not eat them here or there, I will not eat them anywhere!" Knowing some of the struggles my friends face with their kids at meal time, I won't even complain. You're a huge milk drinker and are starting to pudge up a bit. You have a dr. appt this week and I'm anxious to see what your latest weight is and if you can turn around in your car seat yet.

Although you're challenging at times, I adore you and you make our family complete. You really are so much fun and I love you, sweet girl.

Love, Mommy

No comments: