Sunday, November 8, 2009

Run for the Water 2009

Mommy's office is the title sponsor for this year's 'Run for the Water' and mommy and I decided to have a special day together and do the kid's 1k run. We got up really early and went to the 1st street bridge to prepare for our race. For each person who participates in the race, it helps one person in the country of Burundi gain access to fresh drinking water for the rest of their life. Isn't that so cool? Of course I wanted to help and happily put on my 'fast running shoes'. We stretched and then I heard 'ready, set, go'. I ran the entire race and mommy was so proud of me! Afterwards, I told mommy I wanted to run another race but she didn't seem to interested because it was a 5k. I think a 1k is all my mommy can handle. Jake and Sophie ran the 5k with their mommy and daddy and did awesome! I can't wait until next year when I can run for another child in Burundi.

Kisses from mommy before we head out to the race
Stretching for the big race
More stretching
It's the finish line!!
Meeting Mr. Gilbert, founder of The Gazelle Foundation

No comments: