Saturday, October 17, 2009

Elgin Pumpkin Patch

Mommy's friend told her about the Elgin Pumpkin Patch and of course, we had to go check it out. Besides, my teacher told me to bring a big pumpkin and a little pumpkin to school next week so that gives us more of a reason to go (no mommy, the grocery store pumpkins ARE NOT good enough). Elgin is a little town about 30 miles outside of Austin and we set out for a Saturday morning adventure at the 'free' pumpkin patch. When we got there, there were so many things to do and see but of course, each activity cost $2.00. Yes, they had a 'free' section but none of that was interesting to me or my baby. We rode on a 1965 fire truck, a tractor took us to the pumpkin hunt, I did a little fishing, a little golf, fed some goats and donkeys (that was free) and some pumpkin launching. Oh, and I did pick out my pumpkin - in fact, I had a little melt down because I wanted the white pumpkin which mommy said wasn't traditional. In the end, I won and brought my 'Casper' pumpkin home with me. I hope Miss Patti and Miss Mary Lee like it!

Who said Easter was the only time for a hunt? Pumkin hunts are just as fun!
My baby even found a pumpkin
The obligatory pumpkin photo op
Water + Mini Pumpkin = TONS of entertainment (and $2 per try)
A boy, a dad and his pumpkin launcher. Good times.
Fising for?
Golf with a pvc pipe as a golf club. Um, brilliant? No, mommy's a sucker.
Fire Chief Tate

No comments: