Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Missing Stasa

From mommy:
Today my cousin, Stasa, died. And I am so sad. Stasa was only a few years older than me and was married with 2 precious little boys, ages 4 and 3. Two years ago, Stasa went to the hospital with complaints of a severe headache. She was life flighted (sp) to the Seattle hospital because they found out she had a brain aneurysm. They were going into surgery when they found 2 more. Medically speaking, the doctors said that this was unheard of and extremely bizarre giving her chances of survival slim to none. Amazingly enough, Stasa survived and stayed with us a little longer. Today I found out that she lost her battle and I can't explain the sadness. I realize, more than ever, how blessed I am for my health and for each day I have on earth with my family, friends, husband and precious children.

Dear Lord, We started today with a heavy heart, knowing that we will not see our Anastasia here on earth again. We are thankful that she is now in your strong arms and looking into your loving face. Please watch over her Mom and Dad, Harry and Linda, and comfort them and strengthen them. Please let them know how much you and all of us love them. Please encourage her brothers and sisters, as they feel a part of them is missing, for awhile. Lord, please watch over all the grandparents, aunts and uncles and cousins, who are feeling sad and asking why one so young and dear, had to go now. We ask for your strong arms around Don, as he continues to carry this cross. And Father God, please, please watch over little Christopher and Aaron. Surround them with angels and caring people who will understand their loss and love them. Lord, only You can replace a mother. Please Father,make Yourself known to them at an early age. We thank you for your constant love over our family. In Jesus' Name. Amen

1 comment:

emmylou + miller said...

We're so sorry. Thinking of all of you.

xoxo