Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Littlest Jet Setter

From Tate:

Mommy went to Atlanta for work and a friend's baby shower....and I got to go too! Daddy and Tripp had a boy's weekend at the farm while we had our girl's weekend in Atlanta. I was a very good traveler and loved talking to all of the nice people around me. Once we were in the air, I slept until we touched down and mommy was a very happy mommy. I'm not supposed to tell anyone this but when we landed in Atlanta, mommy and I went and rode the rental car bus to get our rental car. When we were ready to head out of the parking lot, mommy realized she left all of our luggage at the terminal. Silly mommy! We got to ride the rental bus all the way back to the terminal, got our bags and then rode it again to get our car. I'm a pro when it comes to bus riding now.

Mommy wanted to document my first plane ride, but I wasn't cooperating much. I'm sure the other passengers were thrilled that I was going to be on the plane with them but I was a very good girl. One man even told mommy that I was so good, he might consider having another!On our trip, I got to meet some of mommy's very dear girlfriends and some of my big brother's friends, too. Here is my big brother's best buddy, Mclain.
Mclain's little brother, Hudson, sure took a liking to me. I wouldn't admit it to him but he is pretty cute!
Here are my big brother's buddies - Mclain and Jake.
Say cheese! It's a girl's picture. Here I am with mommy and her Carrie and Kari.
Miss Carrie and Tate
I always hear about Miss Kristiina and I finally got to meet her! Kristiina is from Estonia and was my big brother's nanny in Atlanta. He LOVES her and I can see why because I sure loved her too. Please move to Texas, Kristiina!
Vicki was mommy's business partner for KPR fuel. She is having a baby girl on January 20th and we flew to Atlanta to surprise her for her baby shower. She didn't know we were coming! Here I am with mommy, Vicki and Miss Betsy.
We went to church Sunday and met up with mommy's bible study friends for brunch afterwards. It's fun lunching with the ladies, although I must say I mostly loved all of the ooh-ing and ahh-ing I was getting. Mommy sure does miss her bible study friends and was sad to leave.

All in all, it was a great first trip. I can't promise mommy that I'll always be this good on the airplanes, but she sure is hopeful. Man, I have her fooled. To everyone in Atlanta - I sure enjoyed meeting you all and can't wait to see you again sometime soon. Next time, I'll bring my big brother because I missed him tooooo much!

2 comments:

KaseyK said...

Oh wow! I can't believe you forgot your luggage! Poor thing. Looks like a fun trip! We need to set a lunch date soon so I can meet Tate!

Kari Kenner said...

We were so happy to meet Tate and hang out with you. We miss Team Riley! Come back to visit soon (and bring Tripp!)