Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Tate is 17 months

Peanut -
It's hard to believe that in 1 short month you'll be a year and a half. But, I refuse to dwell on it and instead just celebrate that we've made it to 17 months. Your independence and will is stronger than ever before and you will deliberately look me in the eye and disobey me. It's actually pretty funny and I find myself looking away so you don't see me laugh. I don't think that would help my cause, do you? Daddy is convinced that there is sweetness in those stares - which is further proof that you have him completely wrapped around your little finger. You're running from here to there and new words include duck, book and bubba for brother. You want your way and you want it now.....I wonder where you get that from? You love to play at the park and your absolute favorite is the slide. In no time, you're up the stairs on your own and will slide down time and time again giggling all the way. I love that happy laugh and those precious smiles of yours. Your favorite adult person in the world is Miss Connie because she always takes you to the park and your favorite non-adult person is your brother. YOU ADORE HIM although at times you both make each other - and me - crazy. You're fascinated with babies - real and pretend - and are very affectionate to playmates and above all, Miller. You light up when Miller is around and you say his name in the cutest way possible. I think he digs you but is just playing hard to get. Elmo is another fascination - but I think that goes for pretty much all little ones your age. Shoes are a nuisance to you when in the car. Before I even get the key in the ignition, your shoes (and socks if applicable) are off and thrown on the floor. Footless and fancy free sums you up. You're getting a little picky with the eating and really won't have anything to do with meat, eggs or yogurt. You love fruit, cheese and carbs and I'm trying to be sneaky in getting some healthy foods into that growing body of yours. I use the juicer often and throw in spinach, beets, carrots, cucumber and whatever other veggies I have on hand and mask it with lots of fruits. It seems to do the trick. You sign and say 'more more' for pretty much anything you want and if you don't get it, you throw yourself on the floor in a not so convincing tantrum. I try to exercise patience and understanding because I know you're still a little peanut and trying to figure things out for yourself. I sure hope it's not always this way because I really hope I can teach you to learn from the mistakes I've made in the past because I want nothing but the best for you and all the happiness in the world. Overall, you're my very happy and sweet baby girl and for now, you're safe from the coyotes.

Love, Mommy

No comments: